Monday, August 24, 2009

A Different Kind of Waiting

Donald had a fantastic interview today. He called me sounding very enthusiastic and excited. He even said that he wants to work for this company for any amount of money. They're actually considering him for a position higher than the one they originally had in mind. It was amazing to hear so much happiness in his voice. I wept tears of joy and relief.

I have written about the painful waiting process when an interview is over. This time I am not dreading it. This time I am calmer. This time they have clearly said that it will take about a month to be able to make an offer because of funding availability. This says to me that they want Donald, but it's about money and not him. This is a much more tolerable reason to wait for more information. I hope my sense of calm endures. I will certainly share when we know more.

Thank you for your supportive messages.

2 comments:

  1. I'll keep my fingers crossed! Good luck to Donald! And to you...because I know how upsetting it can be for you when you both THINK he got the job...but didn't...

    ReplyDelete
  2. booshy: We're definitely trying not to get carried away, but since it's going to be painful if he doesn't get it whether we're excited or not, perhaps it's ok to be happy for a few weeks?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate your comments!